Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Next Big Thing Meme

Authors are blogging answers to a few quick questions, then tagging other writers they think readers should know about. The whole idea is to create a network through social media, drawing new readers through blog relationships, etc.

I was tagged by the talented horror writer, Kevin Lucia. His vault of published short stories and novellas is impressive. He gives a creative voice to the still, ever-popular fiction genre!

1) What is the title of your next book?

As it is, just days ago I was offered a contract for my novel, SOUNDS OF SILENCE. (No book cover yet).

2) Where did the idea come from for the book?

I live in Rochester, NY. It is home to one of the largest populations of Deaf people. Growing up, one of my best friends’ parents and brother were all deaf. He was the only hearing person in his immediate family. Spending time at his house was different than being at any other friend’s house. And I loved it. Was fascinated by the beauty of sign language.

3) What genre does your book fall under?

It falls under young adult.

4) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

The book is being published by Barking Rain Press.

5) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

I did extensive research, working closely with the Rochester School for the Deaf, taking sign language lessons, and running information by deaf professors at a local deaf college.

6) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?

The main character is a young boy, the star of his Little League team. When he contracts meningitis and becomes Deaf, he thinks his dream of playing major league ball has been shattered. He needs to learn to readjust his dreams and move forward. It is an inspiring coming of age story. It should appeal to teens, and adults alike.

Well, there you have it. My answers to the quick questions about my next major project! I love feedback, comments, and to be followed – follow my blog, that is. And in close, I will tag several other others for their participation in this social network chain. As they comply, I will add links here!

As always, have a wonderful day!

Phillip Tomasso

Pulse of Evil Book Trailer

Pulse of Evil For Sale

Other titles for sale for Kindle

Other titles for sale for Nook

The Molech Prophecy for sale on Nook/Paperback -- writing as Thomas Phillips


No comments:

Post a Comment